Brooks Running

Monday, October 1, 2012

40s

Weather predictions for Sunday are looking pretty good. Anything under 55 degrees is perfect for me and we are going to get weather in the 40s. How amazing is that? All summer we training in record heat, and to get a break on race day is a true blessing. Finishing up this taper and getting ready to roll. My race plan will be to start off for the first 10 miles at a pace 5 seconds under my planned finish time. 10 miles @ mp pace and then try my best to negative split with the last 10k. The final 3 miles of Chicago is one long straight away and I am looking forward to letting my legs run for one last aggressive 5k. If all goes well the 100,000 cheering Chicago folk will give me the boost I need to get it done. I have done the work, now its time to let myself run my race.

No comments:

Post a Comment