Brooks Running

Sunday, September 30, 2012

Running out of Legs

Yesterday I ran what would be my final training run of this marathon cycle. An easy 2 mile warm up followed by a 3 miles at mp down to half marathon pace and then down near 10k pace. I cooled down with a couple of easy miles and that was about all she wrote. It was a dress rehearsal of sorts with me wearing my Chicago gear and racing flats. My adios II are some stiff shoes, and I hope they open up a bit on the 26 mile run. I have had no problems with the adios Is in the past, and hope that these things don't cause any problems. The last thing I need is a foot problem on Sunday. With 7 days to go I am going to be on a strict warm up cool down stretch workout plan for the next couple of days. I start carbo loading on Wednesday night and hopefully by then all this little aches and pains will have disappeared. If not, well.. You know it is marathon training after all. I am looking forward to healing myself for the remained of October. Its been a really long year with no real rest outside of a week here and a week there. I am sure my body will benefit from a good long 3 week reverse taper. Anyhoo. 7 days to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment