Brooks Running

Thursday, October 4, 2012

Injured

After all of this training I am not looking for any excuse for a poor performance on Sunday. I did everything right. I have been healthy for an entire year and now I have a hamstring thing. I have 3 days to stretch and stretch and stretch and try to work this thing out a little bit. Last night I warmed up and ran at marathon pace and found that my left leg would not cooperate. I am going to the line on Sunday no matter what. I am going to hit my pace and see if I loosen up as I warm up. If not, I will try to remember that things like this happen and that while marathon training you walk a thin line between being healthy and being injured everyday. For some reason my body has decided that it wanted to go on the other side of the line. Not happy at all. I keep on telling myself that all I need is to run 26.2 miles and then I can rest for a month. A month. I hope my body is listening. Okay Chicago, we will have to see.

No comments:

Post a Comment