Brooks Running

Saturday, July 7, 2012

WEEK ONE CHICAGO MARATHON

I have adopted Coach Mark Hadley's Ideas into my marathon plan www.elitemarathoning.com I will write up a post later on about this but for now I am going to follow a 9 day micro cycle that spaces out the Stress days (S) and Recovery days (R) S-R-R-S-R-R-S-R-R I have also incorporated the heart monitor into my training to make sure i rest on rest days. Rest / Recovery days will be treated as such. I will not over train. I will not over train. So with that said.. Lets see how things go. Sun am 10 miles 430am 70 degrees. Beautiful. Out and back to Walker Sign. 8:20 pace average. Nothing faster than 8 mpm, on some hills. Mile cool down. Legs up 15 minutes. Drank maybe 4 oz of water at 6 miles. Felt pretty good. Nothing too crazy. Just getting in some mileage. The hills are here on purpose for the next few weeks to help build up my strength. Sun pm 1.5 Mile warm up 2x1.5 Miles @ MP w/ .5 mile Jog between easy 1x1mile Couldn't muster the extra half.. 85 degrees.. and need to start factoring in the heat into the pace. 1.5 Mile CD Total = 20 miles Sun morning was good. Afternoon run was difficult. Tired, and hot. Almost nailed the workout. Definitely difficult doing an MP wo on top of a medium run. This will be key to building my strength and hopefully be able to battle late race fatigue. Great day.. We will see how I recover. Mon pm 5 miles on a treadmill recovery pace.. My legs are sore.. My resting HR was high this morning. Feeling good about having 2 easy days in a row. Tues - 4.5 - morning HR was @ 48 which I think is close to what my resting HR should be. Going to continue to take these readings everyday to monitor my recovery and see what my body has to say. Wednesday 10 miles @ 7:55 ish pace just shy of 1:20 Heart Rate: Thursday AM REST Thursday PM Mountain Bike Ride Monitor HR Friday = REST or SWIM Saturday - 13 Miles w/ Hills MP + 10%, 8x 100m strides at end. = 13 Sunday - Rest 52.5 Miles Total

No comments:

Post a Comment