Brooks Running

Tuesday, June 5, 2012

I'm Back

Last night I ran my first workout in weeks where I felt like I was back to 100%. 2 miles @ 6:07 pace followed by 3x1 mile @ 5:55 - 6:06 pace. My workout called for 4x1mile but I got a late start and was running out of daylight by the forth repeat. After last week, I am happy to be able to finish a workout without feeling exhausted and defeated. I am inching closer to getting my stride back. I can feel my stride becoming comfortable, more natural and effortless. I have been feeling clunky for the last year or so. I think the weekly track workout really helps sort out issues with my body mechanics. I am also getting closer to running the prediction times that point towards my goal pace. I have almost 4 weeks left of the 10k training cycle and hope to hit a post 35 pr at the Reeds Lake Run at the end of the month. If this happens I will be thrilled, If not, I have to realize that I can only improve so much in a season and to take it all in stride.

No comments:

Post a Comment