Brooks Running

Saturday, June 2, 2012

Feeling Flat

I don't know what it is but I have been feeling flat all week. I am finding it really difficult to recover from Monday's 5k and have missed quite a bit of training this week. We did have a virus go through our family, one that I thought I avoided. My legs are mushy, and I need to get back to work soon. I have decided to make the Reeds Lake 10k at the end of the month my final 10k for the season. My reason being that I am going to get into the pool, and onto my mountain bike for two weeks before I start marathon training in the middle of July. I need a real rest before I start running all those miles again. My body has been cooperating with me for the last 16 months and now I think I need to give it back a little love. One month to go. I did go and do a modified track workout on Saturday a 2400 1000 800 400 CD ladder just to get in some turn over. I felt pretty good but it was hot and I really did not want to push myself. Back to business as usual starting on Monday. For sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment