Brooks Running

Saturday, May 19, 2012

10k Training Week One

I have now entered a new training cycle that will focus on lowering my 10k time. For the next 7 weeks I am going to lower my overall mileage and increase my overall intensity. Last night I did the first workout of the cycle. Monday Track WO 1.5 mile warm up 18x200m @ under 6:02 pace followed by jog 200m no stopping 1.2 mile cool down. It looks easier than it is. 7 miles total Tuesday REST Yoga Wednesday - Focus on watching calorie intake this week. I would like to get back to a racing weight of 149 pounds by the end of june. Lower mileage week higher intensity. 10k w / striders 2 mile wo 6.2 7:18 pace. 2nd and 3rd mile in 7:01 and 6:48 just did me in and I slowed in the hills on mile four to 7:48 and for the last 2 I ran in the 7:20s and 7:30s.. Its amazing how well you can run when rested and just how shitty you can run when you are strung out and tired. I like to train in this state of chronic fatigue.. Feeling like crap I guess its to be expected this week. Racing on Saturday, Track Wo on Monday and trying to lay it down on Wednesday.. Nope But, I need to train like this this summer. I need to figure out how to adapt to this type of intensity. Week one. Long Run of 15 on Saturday, maybe a shakeout friday. We will see.. This is going to be a really hard training cycle. Im a puss. I need to fix that. Thursday took a 5 mile walk with a baby on my back... That is enough cross training for me eeeeeek Friday - Rest Saturday 18 miles first 11 in about 8:30 pace.. Nice and easy. Hot monster of a day around 90 degrees. The last 7 miles turned into a walk run.. Absolutely brutal. No shame in walking when its 90 degrees. I had a salt crust on my face. What a end to an intense week.

No comments:

Post a Comment