Brooks Running

Monday, May 14, 2012

Summer Plans

I can't take more than 1 day off before I start to feel a little anxious. On Saturday I tested my fitness and found out where and what I need to work on in the coming months. For the next 7 weeks leading up to the Reeds Lake 10k, I am going to be working on my 10k speed and build a stronger faster me in the process. I have put the goal of cracking 40 minutes as my goal for the summer. July, August and September will be dedicated to building up the mileage that I need to run a strong marathon in October. For the next 7 weeks leading up to July I am going to cut back on the mileage a little bit and add more intensity to my training. We will see how that goes. I feel that my Riverbank build up has given me a nice base to work from. I have a feeling that adding 7 weeks of track workouts to my weekly training will do me some good. I have to be careful to monitor my aches and pains from my RB training, focusing more on flexibility as my leg turnover increases. Its been a long time since I tried to seriously run on the track, I look forward to the challenges ahead of me.

No comments:

Post a Comment