Brooks Running

Friday, April 27, 2012

Taper...

I have been running 37 - 55 miles a week for the past 4 months. I have taken off a few days here and there, but for most of the time I have been running. Running at times can be brutal on your body. The day after a speed workout feels like you were beaten to a pulp in a prize fight on the previous evening. 75 percent of the way through a 19 mile long run in 80 plus degree weather makes you question your sanity, your choice of a hobby, and your whole philosophy on life. As will most things in life the idea that all things do eventually come to an end is true. This end comes after hundreds of miles of training, hours of early morning sleep lost, pain, doubt, fear, excitement and a few sweet and simple moments of personal victories. I have reached the end of the pain / work part of this cycle, and am just one run away from rewarding myself with the greatest gift of all.. The Taper. I will be taking Sunday and Monday completely off and then cutting my mileage for the next 11 days in half but keeping my self sharp with the intensity of my runs.. I am so excited to get to this place.

No comments:

Post a Comment