Brooks Running

Monday, April 30, 2012

The Taper Capers

I am officially taking it easy. I have T minus 11 days and counting until Riverbank and I am feeling great. Last week I strung together some of the best running I have done in years. I feel light, focused and confident that I have done the work needed to run a good time on the 12th. For the next couple of days I am going to do a couple of moderately difficult workouts and then cut back my mileage and just focus on keeping my intensity the same. I am also going to cut back on my carbohydrate intake until 3 days before RB and then pack in the carbs to fill up the glycogen reserves. Lots of protein and veggies rest and hydration for the next 11 days. Its exciting to get here. I am ready to go. Time prediction for RB? Shooting to run consecutive 7:04 miles for as long as I can. Judging by the last few runs of my training cycle I should be able to do this.

No comments:

Post a Comment