Brooks Running

Sunday, May 6, 2012

Taperitis

I am 6 days into my taper and I feel like I want to die. Every ache and pain that I have worked out since February has returned, my energy levels are down, my doubt and worry levels are high.. I think I have taperitis. I am sure the phantom pains, energy levels and lack to confidence is just from making such a drastic reduction in my training and eating. I am glad to realize that taperitis is real so I can prepare for this properly later during my Chicago marathon build up. I have been looking through my training logs and feel super confident in my ability to knock out a decent 25k, but am seriously contemplating dropping down to the 10k and blasting out a super fast time. For me, training for an early spring race is not about the race but about working through the winter and building a strong base for the rest of the season. I have run so many miles so far this year and feel like I am in a great place for the rest of the year. Dropping down to the 10k might allow me to run a Post 35 year old Douglas PR and help me gain some needed confidence for my up coming summer and fall goals. I have until Friday to decide, but I am leaning towards the 10k.

No comments:

Post a Comment