Brooks Running

Sunday, March 18, 2012

CRASH

I am going to be positive here.  I am getting stronger and have been feeling great. 
Yesterday I had the worst run I have had in over a year.  Lets review what happened.
#1.  The tempreture was 82 degrees.  Not ready for that
#2.  I thought I was going to run @ 12, so I didn't properly hydrate, or eat before hand. I ran @ 3pm
#3.  Daylight saving time has screwed up my sleep patterns
#4. Family stress has taken its toll on me
#5.  I ran my tempo runs too fast this week.
#6.  I think I am fighting off a little cold

Results:  My 10k time trial turned into a jog walk after 2 miles.  My brain starts betraying me.

How to fix this:  Finish of weekly mileage with an easy run today, put up legs, hydrate, and get back to sleeping.  Legs are going up, and I am going to listen a little better for next week. 
As for the heat,  I race in the morning so I still should not run in the heat of the day.  Duh!  I'm bad in the heat
Yoga
Stretching
Legs up
Relax
Eat well
Relax
Taking Monday and Tuesday off and then back to the Grind.  Going 18 this week with 3x2mile again. 
Pay attention

No comments:

Post a Comment