Brooks Running

Thursday, March 15, 2012

Knee deep

Knee deep in the shit is how I feel right now.  This week we substitute a 10k time trial for my long run bringing my mileage totals down to a comfortable if not easy 37 miles.  Its a recovery week.  I also have added to my plan for the next coming weeks either a medium easy run 10 -12 miles or a double day  of the same mileage total.  Next week we ramp up the training and return to a 50 plus mile week with a big ole 18 mile progressive run... That will be fun.  With less than 2 months to go before Riverbank, I am starting to feel really strong, but I have to be careful playing around with this marathon plan that I am on.  I don't want to burn out before we get to May.  My body keeps on telling me to up the mileage, but I have to remember to stay on target and stick to the plan. 

No comments:

Post a Comment