Brooks Running

Thursday, March 22, 2012

Dripping wet

With Summer in full swing here in the great Midwest I have to be very careful to stay hydrated.  I know this is a bit early for this type of talk being  March and all, but last night the temperature did hit 88 degrees right before our 6 mile run.  I have started to weigh myself before and after my runs while factoring the weight of the water I intake into the equation as well.  I am hoping to find a baseline sweat loss level so I can figure out exactly how much drinking I need to do while running a marathon.  I am going to see how this plays out on Saturday on my 18 miler.  Hydration will be crucial in my success this coming fall.  I am going to start making more comments about my weight in the next few months.  I am not weight obsessed, just very serious about keeping myself hydrated.

No comments:

Post a Comment