Brooks Running

Monday, January 14, 2013

Week 17 (Week 2)

10 miles @ 8:40 pace easy / even easy 3 3x1600 meters w/ 5 min between 1/2 marathon - 10k pace core workout 2 times stretching everyday The plan.. With an 18 week training plan I have the ability to ease myself back into shape. I am working on a 4 phase plan that starts off with lower mileage and less intensity. Phase one will simulate the stress and intensity of the later phases but will not tax my body before its acclimated to training again. Week 18,17,16,15 will have a standard 10 mile run, 2 easy 3-4 mile runs and a hard mile repeat track session. Phase 2 The easy 10 mile run goes up to 12 miles, the 3-4 mile runs turn into 4 mile runs and the recovery time between mile repeats goes from 5 minutes to 4 minutes while the pace comes down to race pace. Phase 3 will switch things up again with upping the intensity during the long run by stepping back down to 10 miles but including a tempo section run at race pace or 1/2 marathon pace.. Again my Mile repeat recovery time comes down and my pace increases as well.. A hill / speed workout will be included and I will be racing again bi-weekly.. From here I can round out my training and hopefully peak for my May event.. I am hoping that slowly building up this winter into spring will keep me from burning out by May and hating every minute of Summer training. The month of June will an easy month of mountain biking, and easy running in preparation for another build up for a late October race.

No comments:

Post a Comment