Brooks Running

Sunday, January 13, 2013

Cobwebs

The beginning of week 2 brought a return of 60 degree weather followed by icy rain and snow. I started my week off with a nice and easy 10 mile run in the cold and nasty. I love the 10 mile run for many reasons. The ten mile run can be treated as a nice and slow hour and a half long run, split into a warm up, tempo, cool down run, or broken down into a strong wave, or finish faster run. For this training cycle the 10 mile run will be the base of most of my training. I tend to enjoy picking a course with lots of post 5 mile hills and later in the season tend to attack the distance as a time trial. 17 weeks from now the easy 1 hour and 25 minute 10 miler will fade into the distance as my fitness improves and I attack with strong sub 1:10 training runs. It also is the perfect distance for the spring 10k runner who will later build up to a fall 1/2 marathon. blah blah blah...

No comments:

Post a Comment