Brooks Running

Thursday, November 8, 2012

To Marathon or Not To Marathon

A month after Chicago I am setting up my first physical therapy appointment in 25 years. In the last few weeks of my training, I did some damage to my left leg. My fall and trampling only made matters worse. Last night I went for an 8 mile run at an easy 8:30 pace and found no issues with my leg until the final 1.5 miles where I ran at my normal training pace of 6:55. Almost instantly my leg began to seize up on me. Normally my injuries require rest and stretching. After 2 weeks of no running and 2 weeks of easy jogging my condition is still the same. My first appointment is on the 16th, and who knows how long it will take to correct this. I hope I can correct this before December so I can get some good mileage in before the snow comes. My spring marathon plans might have to be scratched if I do not get in a good base before January. We shall see..

No comments:

Post a Comment