Brooks Running

Sunday, September 9, 2012

The Marathon Pace

For the last 8 weeks I have been building up my strength and focusing on becoming a stronger runner. Consistently running 50 -70 miles will give you the base needed to become not only a super fit runner, but an injury free runner as well. For me, being injury free this training cycle was and is more important than how my time in Chicago pans out. I have never been able to successfully build up mileage without having to take a break to nurse some injury. With only one more week of hard training to go I think its safe to say that I have reached that goal with flying colors. The month of September is my month to finish off what I started, by fine tuning my nutrition, my sleep, my hydration and my running sharpness. My children have gone back to school, we are successfully getting into bed before 9 pm every night and we are not drinking any alcohol for the entire month. Its the these little things that I will draw from when I hit mile 24 and all I want to do is quit on October 7th. I am unsure of what my plan is for October 8th other than spending about 3 weeks in the regeneration stage of my training, been thinking about running a spring marathon if all goes well in Chicago, but that is something to focus on down the road. For now we labor on.

No comments:

Post a Comment