Brooks Running

Sunday, September 2, 2012

The Final Push

I've done the 18 milers, the 20 milers, the 71 mile week, the 60 mile weeks at above 90 degrees, the long and boring runs, the short and fast tempos, the 25x200 meter repeats, and all sorts of other workouts this year in preparation for October 7th. These last couple weeks I am going to give myself one little last push before I hit my final long run on the 16th of September and wrap this puppy up. For the next 2 weeks I am going to decrease my rest period and increase my mileage a tiny bit and my amount of miles run at my marathon pace. This may sound dangerous, but I am sure that if I am going to be able to fully take advantage of my taper period I need to push myself over one more mountain top. I want to know that I did everything I could have done before I allow myself to rest. Ah rest, how sweet that will be.

No comments:

Post a Comment