Brooks Running

Monday, August 6, 2012

The Ups and Downs of Marathon Training

I am currently having a wonderfully strong week of training. I am not sure what it is, but I will take it. Been taking my vitamins and trying to lay off the pain killers. Replaced my trainers this week after putting way too many miles on them. I really think that running shoes have about 300 miles in them and then they should be retired. I think I pushed these shoes to about 400 miles. I am not sure I will have to look at my training logs. Whatever the case I started to get this dead feeling in my right leg, so we marched on down to our favorite running store and let go of another $100 bill. I am sure I will do this one more time before October 7th. My decision to pull my mileage back to 60 -65 miles per week seems to be working. I think that not having to run that one workout allows for me to cross train on my mountain bike and loosen up my hips and calves. Its working, so I am not going to change it. I am trying to focus on getting my hydration and my post run nutrition under control. I think I wait too long to refuel making my recovery more complicated. Running doubles a couple of times a week gets me to relax and get some easy mileage in. So, with that said.. There are 9 more weeks to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment