Brooks Running

Sunday, August 19, 2012

North Carolina

I have always had a hard time keeping a training plan going while on vacation. All the variables that traveling throw into the mix makes me a little bit more of a wimp when it comes to following my scheduled training plan. This past 9 days I have been either on the road or in some part of North Carolina. I am proud to say that I did not miss a run, a double day workout, or stray from my marathon training plan. My first day of traveling I ran before I got in the car and at the hotel on a shitty excuse for a treadmill. I was able to hit my 30k long run in the NC heat and humidity by doing a 5 mile loop around my parent's development. It was not the nicest or most interesting long run I have ever taken, but with temps in the 90s and humidity in the 80 it was nice to have a centralized pit area to refuel and cool off if only for a couple of minutes every 5-6 miles. This next week will be as challenging as last week. I have a 10 miler @ mp and a 20 mile long run on my plate for my two big runs. I am looking forward to my shakeout run this evening to hopefully get some of my driving kinks out of my body. Great week to come. Things are getting longer and faster. Also as a note. I took 3 days off in a row after this past hot and grueling week in NC. I allow myself to take a 3 day rest 2 times during a 12 week training session. I hope it helps me in getting through to the end.. Faster and harder to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment