Brooks Running

Sunday, July 15, 2012

Week 2 Chicago

Finished up my 13 miler yesterday feeling pretty good. MP plus 10% pace made the pace comfortable. My main goal for my long runs this cycle is to figure out how much I need to eat while I run. I took 2 gels at 5.2 miles and 2 at 10 miles. I drank about 5 oz of water @ mile 5.2 8 and 10. My plan is to see if I can continue to eat those nasty gels every 5 miles. My energy levels were good, and I was not hungry when I got home. This is a good thing. We will see how things go when we get out into the 20 mile range. This week we hit 15 miles for our long run, have a double tempo / medium distance mp run of 20 miles for the day and a bunch of fun easy recovery workouts for a total of 60 miles. I am on vacation so I need to scope out so new places to run this afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment