Brooks Running

Sunday, June 17, 2012

Stay on Target

Yesterday I went on the easiest run of my life. I jogged 10 miles at such an easy pace I barely broke a sweat. I am having such a hard time recovering from my track workout at the beginning of the week that I am going to take a full 2 days off after my run tonight. I have developed a rib and back injury (it bugs me, but doesnt stop me from training) from riding my bike. This happens every year, I know better. I forget that being in great running shape does not translate over to the bike. I am sort of hobbling and hanging in there right now. With my final race of the summer just 2 weeks away I need to take 2 days off, rest up for my final week of hard training, knock it out of the park, taper a little bit, race and be done with it. This mountain bike obsession is tough to handle. Next week Wednesday I do my last difficult workout of 3x2miles@race pace with 5 minutes in between. This will predict if I will be ready to roll on race day or not. We will see. I need to lose this rib thing first. 9 more miles for the week, 2 days off and then the beast returns. Here is to holding things together with spit and duct tape. Egad.

No comments:

Post a Comment