Brooks Running

Wednesday, April 4, 2012

NY

Trying to train at the same intensity while on vacation can be difficult.  Yesterday I finished my required running for last week.  I just barely made my mileage goal factoring in my driving day and one rest day I was only able to muster up 5 days of training this week.  Not ideal, but still on target.
I have been enjoying the rolling hills of this wonderful landscape out here.  Had one good strong run, in the snow that climbed for 2.5 miles.  I forget what it like to live in the mountains, and  how intense it can be.

It is really hard to judge how I feel this week.  After this coming week things start to get really intense around here.  I have decided to take the Strider 10k challenge and race the 10k course in East GR weekly.  I have always hated the 10k.  Its too fast for how long it is.  I figure, I can use this as my tempo work, for the rest of the weeks leading up to RB, and use the challenge as a goal for the downtime between RB and the beginning of my Chicago Marathon training.  I am sure I can run 42 and change before summers end.  Maybe.
My diet has been getting a little out there without being in my own element, but this is to be expected.  I have been trying to not drink too much alcohol, and stay base line hydrated.  I figure, the week after I get back home I am going to have to really work on getting back to my ultra-hydrated self.
All and all, I am a little tired from all the extra stimulation, having both my children sleeping the the same bed as me and the change in my normal sleeping patterns.  I feel good.
A 90% week has started today, so this will be a difficult week to get in mileage wise.  I might just double up one of the next few days just to get in the mileage.  Driving on Friday or Saturday, so I will have to put off my long run until I get back home.   We will see.  Beast mode continues for another 38 days.
38 days and counting until I let the horses out of the barn and see what they have in them.

No comments:

Post a Comment