Brooks Running

Thursday, March 29, 2012

Stay on Target

Last night while running with the Striders boys I had a moment of clarity.  The plan that I am using for my training is working perfectly.  Running a modified marathon plan for a 25k has pushed me to build my endurance while also running some smoking fast tempo runs.  I am very pleased with where I am at with 5 more weeks of training to go.  Being able to close a 10k last night with a 7:09 mile without feeling like I was pushing has given me the confidence that I need to stay the course and not lose sight on my goals.   I am now at the phase in my training where I get more 25k specific shortening my long runs a bit, and focusing on my 25k pace instead of my MP.
I am going to be going a little shorter on the weekends but at a much faster pace.  I am leaving for the Catskill mountains in the morning to add a bit of hills to the mix and to get a change of scenery.  When I return, I will be in full beast mode.   I am hoping some hill training will help me through mile 7-10 of RB.  GROWL!

No comments:

Post a Comment