Brooks Running

Monday, April 9, 2012

33 days to go...

I am slowly getting closer to the end of my River Bank cycle.  After weeks of build up, my training is about to hit its peak in the next two weeks.  My workouts are getting harder, my pace is getting faster, and my rest in between repetitions is starting to decrease.  Over the next 2 weeks I am going to push myself deeper into the realm of chronic fatigue.  Welcome to the danger zone.  In theory I am training my body to be able to run my key workouts in a state of chronic fatigue, so that when I replenish my energy and rest my legs during my two week taper, on race day running will feel effortless, allowing me to push myself harder than before.  Its a theory, and I love to try new ways to train.  Whatever the case, or theory, the next couple of weeks have some ugly workouts on deck.  I am running the RB course this week at 10% slower than race pace,  Doing either a full on MP 10k run on Wednesday, or 5x2 mile repeats, and adding a couple of doubles to the week to take down the length of my easy runs.  My nutrition is going to be key for the next month, more greens, more nutrients, more water, more sleep, and no more alcohol.  Removing alcohol from my diet a month before a race ensures proper hydration, and increases my ability to sharpen.  I do have a slight hip/upper glute nagging pain that I hope to workout on my easy days this week.  Stretching is your friend.  I have to remember that.  So, here we go.  Going deep.

No comments:

Post a Comment