Brooks Running

Sunday, April 15, 2012

20k

I have about 10 more days of training to go until I start my taper.  Yesterday after taking it easy for a few days I started my last full week at 100%.  I have a slight hip injury which I am taking care of and monitoring, but I feel like I will be fine as long as I stay on target. (stay on target means do not race with people on Wednesday night..) My run yesterday was on the River Bank course and I ran 20k of the course.  First 10k I ran at my normal LD training pace, and I allowed myself to run a negative split for the second half.  The second half of the course is where all the hills are, and I felt pretty strong as I hit mile 7.5 on.  My plan on race day is to run my ass off for the first 9 miles using the flat course to my advantage.  My goal is still to use the first 13.1 of the course at a corral qualifier for Chicago.. So.. in theory I am treating the first 21k or so as the main bulk of the race.  We will see how things go.  I am getting very excited to run this race.  I feel that I have done a lot of great training runs, and am ready to put the horses in the barn for a couple of weeks and then let them run.  Beast Mode Continues..

No comments:

Post a Comment