Brooks Running

Saturday, March 10, 2012

47.5 Miles

This week has been great. Today I ran a 2 x 2.5 mile run with a half mile jog in between.  I tried to start off each of the reps at steady state pace and work down into the 6:40s for the last half mile or so.  I like to mix up the pace on these things just to see where I am at fitness wise. I feel strong, but am glad to have 2 months before the riverbank run.  I am definitely not ready to race yet.  I feel my base work this winter has been great, and when I get to May 12 this year, I am going to be ready.  I am more than willing to train my ass off for the next 2 months.

 Tomorrow morning I head out for my 15 mile steady state run.  I long the long runs.  I am slated for 47.5 miles this week, so i might run on Sunday and take Monday off.  I feel great, and my body seems to be holding up pretty well.  Next week we take a step back with an easier week mileage and tempo runs.  We start doing more MP work and less tempo from this point on in my training.  3x2 @ mp with a time trial instead of a long run next week.  This will be interesting.  I am going to try to follow my plan as much as possible, but I think if I run on sunday I might break the 50 mile barrier this week.  Exciting stuff.
We shall see.

No comments:

Post a Comment