Brooks Running

Monday, January 9, 2012

A Couple days of Rest

Felt a pang of knee pain last week and took off 6 days in a row. Longest I have taken off all year. Went on a nice 7 miler tonight to test things out.  I feel okay.  Iced, and will do some good stretching in the a.m.  Feeling okay is fine and dandy, but i will not run with any pain in the ole knees.  My one rule that I abide by always.  Still hanging in there this winter.  Not quite in training mode for the Riverbank run, just trying to stay semi fit and ready for the months to come.  Its going to be a long one. I plan on taking a week off before I start my next training cycle and just focus on core, stretching, and nutrition while letting my bones rest for a few days. I will have a good clean 12 weeks of base training complete going into February.  I earn these little breaks, but will not see another one until the middle of May.. So... Bring it!  

No comments:

Post a Comment