Brooks Running

Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Week 3

I am starting to feel like my ole self again this week.  I am running 30 quality miles a week right now, and loving it.  I am going to build my mileage up slowly this winter going from 30 - 50 over the course of 30 weeks instead of putting so much pressure on the build up in the last 16 weeks before Riverbank.  I plan to increase my mileage every 3rd week and layoff of my mileage every 2nd week.  I made a mistake building up too fast last year and will not make that mistake again.   I'm not looking to work too hard this winter, just smarter.  I want to come out of the winter feeling like I built a strong base, and took care of myself in the process.  I do not want to burn out in May and lose valuable time  in the early summer to injury or fatigue.  My core / flexibility / nutrition and speed work has definitely had a positive impact on my training.  I feel like my 2012 are within reach if I stick to the plan and not do anything too stupid along the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment