Brooks Running

Friday, November 11, 2011

Week 2

I almost forgot to factor the weather into my training this winter. Yesterday we received our first dose of  snow and I welcome it with open arms.  Bring it, lets make this winter one big giant mental test.  Last night I ran my second speed workout of this training cycle and felt really great about my times.  The track had a nice layer of snow on it so I wore my spikes for most of my workout.  After warming up for a mile and a quarter I did a workout of 4x800m with a easy 400m in between.  I would say that I was 90% recovered in between each 800m.  My pace needed to be in the 5:58 /mile - 6:12 pace and I nailed each 800 @ 5:48 or 5:49 pace.  My cool down was another mile for a total of 5 miles for the day.  Not much to talk about except for the fact that I think that the work that I am doing with my nutrition is starting to pay off.  Most of the time when I am doing an anaerobic workout I get hit with a level of fatigue that makes me want to stop.  Last night I felt like I had an extra gear and a brightness behind my eyes.  If this is only a placebo then great, let me have some more.  Whatever the case, something is happening inside my body.

No comments:

Post a Comment