Brooks Running

Tuesday, November 8, 2011

And So We Begin... Again

Over the past month I have been investigating many different training plans, learning how to efficiently cross train, and taking a huge leap into focusing on my nutrition.  2012 is going to be a break through year for me.  This is the year that I am going to start racing again and reclaim the runner that lives inside of me.  Up until this point I feel that I have been easing myself back into running.  This past year, I have regained my confidence in my body and know that I can perform well if, I train hard and take care of myself along the way.  Its not an easy road, but I do feel that easing myself back into running over the last few years has kept me injury free and given me the time to rebuild my body.  I am ready to take this to another level.  This winter my only focus is to get faster.  I will deal with the endurance aspect of my training when February arrives.  I expect to run only 30 miles a week with 1/3 of those miles coming from my long run, and the other 2/3rds coming from threshold tempo runs, easy runs and speed work outs on the track.  I am hoping that the quicker speed of my workout and the lower mileage will help my body develop a faster turnover this winter.  I have in the past steered clear from speed work, but now I feel that my flexibility and strength levels are in a healthy place to start doing some real workouts on the track.  I am excited to see what happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment