Brooks Running

Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Adaptation



  The last two weeks have been brutal.  Changing around my stress and recovery pattern has put me
at the edge of exhaustion.  I am now working on a 7 day on two day off training pattern.
In the past I would take a day off mid week and one or two off at the end of the week.  I am trying my best to use nutrition, and sleep to my advantage, but am just about at the point where I need to bring my mileage back down for two weeks so that I can fully adapt to my training.  Nothing about training while tired feels good except knowing that after my body adapt to all this stress and strain I will be able to ask more of my body in the future.. Its all about adaptation..

 This Monday I am running my first race of the year to see how things are going with my training.  Having done limited speed work for the past couple of months racing will give me an idea of how my baseline fitness is coming along.  Running sub 6 minute miles will be painful at this point in the year but thats the fun of racing.  More..  Excited.
Excited for more.

No comments:

Post a Comment