Brooks Running

Friday, February 14, 2014

The Key

The key to booting back up the running machine is to gradually add stress over a large period of time. Do not rush into tempos, long runs and speed workouts too soon. Simply take 30 days or so remind your body what its like to run. For the Month of March I will runjog 4 miles a day. I will not wear a watch. I will look at the trees, and enjoy being outside again. In April I will add a hill workout once a week (using hills simulate a hard track workout without the stress) and a long run starting at 9 miles once a week. My winter fat and sugar diet will soon be coming to a close. My 3 beer a night thing needs to go too. By May, my body will be ready for hard training. Ready to throw down again by the end of June.

No comments:

Post a Comment