Brooks Running

Sunday, December 1, 2013

Week 4 and 5 … Go!

I'n starting to feel good about things again. Starting to adapt to the stress of the slightly higher intensity and moving towards the halfway point at the end of this week. Last Saturday I knocked out a 19:23 5k in 20 mile per hour wind and 19 degree temperatures. Im about 2 minutes off where I should be right now, but seriously in late November who is really focused on time. It was hilarious to run hard in those temps. I was thoroughly warmed up and ready to go but after running the first 2 miles in sub 6 minute mile pace my body just couldn't deal with the icy cold wind to continue on at that pace. It was fun and good enough for 21st place.. After a day off I started my week of 7s. Mostly I ran different variations on the seven miler. One where I ran 3 of the 7 at 10k pace, one where I ran one mile of 7 @ 5k pace and the other two just my normal pace 2 easy running. I topped of my feeling great week with a silly post thanksgiving 19 miler that is bound to leave me a bit sore on Monday morning. Going to take a couple hard days off and start up again on Wednesday with a hard 10k. The fun continues.

1 comment:

  1. Just found your blog - I love your tagline, "Realizing the potential found within the middle of the pack." I've joking referred to myself as the top middle of the pack running in Minnesota.

    Great stuff! Looking forward to reading more.

    http://minneapolisrunning.com/

    ReplyDelete