Brooks Running

Saturday, October 12, 2013

Taper Capers

Every running cycle comes to an end. This last cycle of mine is 8 days away from completion. On the 20th of October, after a long and grueling year since breaking myself at the Chicago Marathon, I am ready to toe the line and put in a good effort. The last few months have not been easy, but I have learned how to take care of my aging body on my road to healing and growing stronger. Am I ready to race? Sure. Am I just happy to be able to run again? Exactly. I have one more cycle to go this year before I take some real time off. After I race on Sunday I am going to take a few days off from the intensity of my interval sessions and then after I feel fully recovered I am going to start the 12 week build up to the Charleston Marathon in January. The next 12 weeks will be fun. I have a training plan in mind that will hopefully keep me motivated through the cold dark days of Nov, Dec, and January. But I'm getting ahead of myself here.

No comments:

Post a Comment