Brooks Running

Sunday, January 27, 2013

Back to Life

Sunday afternoon 10 miler today in the slush turned out to be a pretty great run. I felt really good after I warmed up a bit so I pushed myself to the turn around and ran a pretty strong 5 mile. The Obrien hill hurt a little bit, but I can see that I am starting to regain strength.. As with all my long runs, I run as comfortably as I can without tensing up. Today I allowed myself to run at a medium paced sub 7:40 pace for the first 5 miles of my 10 mile run. I slowly jogged the last 5 miles home and just enjoyed myself while cooling down. This marks the beginning of my 4th week back in training. I feel pretty good. Next week I add a couple miles to my long run. Most likely will finish my week off at the Y with my mile repeats. I can not imagine how slushy the track is going to be this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment