Brooks Running

Monday, October 15, 2012

Recovery

Recovery after a marathon can be difficult. I have a 21 day recovery plan that I am going to take full advantage of. After this long, hot, past year nothing feels better than just stretching and being on the bike for a little bit. I took the first 5 days off completely, and started my active recovery on my bicycle on day 6. Yoga, foam roller, biking 1 hour at a sub 110 hr just to get the blood moving. Took yesterday off (trying to beat this cold), will bike for 1/2 hour, roll, stretch and take a short easy 2 mile jog this evening. Week two will introduce a little jogging back into my life 3 times a week.. Pretty easy, and when I feel that my body is fully recovered I am going to start my base training for my spring event. Moving into Fall and Winter makes me nervous. The Midwest can be cold and dark for many months. I am going to take full advantage of any and all days between now and January to rack up a new base. I feel that I can (in the cold and dark) hit 75 miles a couple times before I move into the hill/strength/speed and MP phase of my winter training. I feel that I am 90% recovered from my last couple months of training and my accident that happened at Chicago. I am going to start running again while in NY next weekend, but not start any real training until the 3rd of November.

No comments:

Post a Comment