Brooks Running

Friday, September 21, 2012

Taperasauras

After my 22 miler I took 2 days off to rest my weary bones and get control of a slight head cold that has blown through my household. I have upped my protein to 70- 100 grams per day, added 1000 grams of C to my day, cut back on my carbohydrate intake, moved away from the early morning runs, and focused on getting more sleep. I have a slight hamstring thing in my left leg that I am going to be careful not to make any worse, and a tight right knee that has been nagging me for the last couple of weeks. Last night I ran a 5.5 mile tempo run and still felt a little tired from Sunday's 22 (or my head cold), but all in all I felt strong and was able to play with the pace without any problem. The next 2 days are easy days, Sunday I will do 10x400s @ 10k pace and see if I have shaken my hamstring issue. I know that this is normal, but tapering makes me nervous. Changing up my routine has never been easy for me. I know reducing my volume will help me regain my strength, and heal some of my little aches and pains. My taper is really only going to be a full 2 weeks long, which I think will be just perfect. 16 days to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment