Brooks Running

Monday, July 16, 2012

Mileage

So its 95 degrees..Week 2 Note: I have no idea how anyone runs 110 mile weeks. 60-70 mile weeks seem to take up most of my time. Sun Easy Recovery day - Ran an easy 5 in the morning and 3.5 in the afternoon just to stretch out the old legs. Mon Easy Recovery day - 5.5 in the bloody heat. 20 miles in on Tuesday 4 miles at MP.. The heat makes even the easy workout stress days, so I will have to see how I feel in the morning. I might just be putting in mileage tomorrow.. gels @ every 5miles today I drank 20oz over the course of 5 miles so.. I might have to factor in drinking more. I might do the loop that I have been doing from our vacation house so I can fuel myself and keep my hydration levels topped off. We will see how the rest of this day goes. I have to remember to take a nap tomorrow. #longdays So, seriously this sucks. 20 miles broken up into 15 and 5 mile runs. 90 degree plus heat keeps me from doing anything but getting the mileage in. A couple of strides thrown in but the best I can do on a LSD day is just get in the miles. I bonked a little bit around 10.5 miles into the day.. I took a little break ate some gels and got back to it. I think training to take gels at 5 mile increments is fine. I will continue to test this on my sat long runs.. With this heat it is difficult to even try to hit a decent pace. Doesn't matter I guess Im just building up some strength these first couple of weeks. The heat has to break someday.. Right? 5 miles easy 90 degrees.. Boring and easy Wednesday. I hate the heat.

No comments:

Post a Comment