Brooks Running

Saturday, June 23, 2012

Just Go For it!

At this point in the summer I have been training for almost 8 months without a break. 8 months is a really long time. I feel pretty good overall, but am suffering from a back and stomach pull that has not really stopped me from training, but is a pure sign of my body needing a good hard rest. 7 days from now I will be starting that rest. I am not sure how long I am going to rest for, but I am positive that I will not be running more than 15 miles a week for a good two weeks. I am not sure if not running at all would be a good thing for me. I tend to seize up when I am not running, and I really do not want to lose any of my flexibility come the 15th of July when the marathon training begins. My desire to become a better mountain biker is most likely to be the death of me, but mountain biking with keep me fit while I rest my runner bones. I have decided to race on Saturday no matter what my condition is leading up to the race. I am going to give it my all on Saturday and hope that all my training has paid off. If my injuries get in the way of my performance, they will act as a reminder of the importance of stretching, warming up and cooling down. I have almost ironed out my marathon training plan, and am excited to get things rolling in a couple of weeks. The key to growth is in the recovery. I have to remember this.

No comments:

Post a Comment