Brooks Running

Saturday, April 21, 2012

Winding down and sharpen up

This morning I ran one of the last 2 speed workouts of my RB training cycle.  I will run one more towards the end of this week but for now, the work has been done, and its time to put those horses back in the barn. This morning I ran a 4 mile time trial at around 85% effort and felt great in the process.  6:47 pace starting with a 7:01 mile and working my way down to a 6:39 mile for the last mile.  My stride felt clean and strong.  Most of my tempo runs have been run at my 25k pace of 7:19 so I have not been pushing myself down below the 7 mpm pace much in the last few months.
At this point in the cycle these runs are more psychological than anything else.  There really isn't anything I can do to get any stronger or faster in the next 3 weeks.  We are almost done, starting to rest and getting ready to run hard.  I find 4 mile time trials at 30 seconds faster than my MP to be my perfect workout to test my overall fitness, and instill some confidence into my bones.  Today's workout also gave me a little insight into how I am going to feel during my next training cycle that begins 3 days after RB and focuses my efforts on the 10k and getting faster.  Its from this next cycle that I will build my Fall marathon plan.  Its all down hill from here.  Staying healthy, and maintaining a high level of confidence are on the top of my list for the next couple of weeks.  Here we go. Here we go.. Here we go.

No comments:

Post a Comment