Brooks Running

Monday, February 20, 2012

Icy Beards

Trying to move myself back out into the cold this week for my long run.  The treadmill sessions have been great, but I am starting to feel that the repetitive pounding of the same footfall in my shins.  Not a big deal, I didn't plan on running more than 25 miles a week on the treadmill anyway.  I took a nice easy 9 mile run on Sunday morning. 17 degree tempretures didn't seem to phase me and I was warmed up by mile 3 or so.  March is on the horizon so my long runs need to start to build.  The plan is to get up into the upper 30s by the beginning of April, and move back into the forties for the month touching 50 once or twice before my taper in the first week of May.   I am off to New York at the end of March where I will be visiting my sister and my parents and I have a date with those monster Shawangunk mountains of New Paltz.  I am excited about climbing and building some strength.  Such fun I tell ya.  Such fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment